While some pests are merely annoying, others are incredibly troublesome. Most insects and creatures carry germs that lead to human illness. Several can injure you with scratches, bites, or stings. Concerning property damage, the structure of your Salt Lake City home or business may be destroyed. Preventative methods are a necessity, and you have to know where to begin. It’s not always patently clear how or why critters are coming indoors. Spiders, for one, can be kind of elusive.
A few spider species aren’t much of a threat, but lethal subtypes certainly exist. Since these bugs are so common in human dwellings, it would be wise to read about those in the area. Then, you’ll be able to create a defense plan. Learn more now, and find out how Pest Pro Pest Control can be of assistance.
What Spiders Are In Salt Lake City? What Are The Hazards?
Black widow and wolf spiders are two species that are widespread in the city. Black widows have shiny bodies that are 0.12 to 0.51 of an inch long. The females have a red abdominal mark that is shaped like an hourglass. Favoring outdoor settings, these arachnids are often around organic debris, tall grass, and firewood. However, they’ll penetrate your domicile or establishment if there is a food shortage. They’ll gravitate to dim spaces with low traffic—for example, garages, basements, and closets. Avoid them at all costs; their bites are venom-filled with neurotoxins.
Wolf spiders are gray, black, or brown, and they have yellowish marks across their skin. Their figures are about 1 inch long. Given that they’re so hairy, people tend to think they’re brown recluses or tarantulas. The difference is that their legs are shorter, and they have thicker frames. Just like black widows, they like to be in a natural environment. Keep your eyes peeled when you’re in sandy, grassy, or wooded zones. They also creep near meadows and riverbanks. If you have a garden or don’t groom your yard well, wolf spiders will be an issue for you. They’ll dig burrows versus spinning webs.
Additional facts about wolf spiders are:
- Cooler temperatures and a low food supply are reasons for their invasions.
- You can expect to see them by plants, garages, basements, windows, and doors.
- Sightings of them confirm an infestation.
- Their bites aren’t dangerous, but they’re painful.
- They run with speed.
Is There A Way To Prevent Salt Lake City Spiders?
You have to make it hard for spiders to enter your home or business. Passageways must be addressed. Further, they can’t have a consistent source for meals. That said, overall pest complications need to be dealt with. These arachnids consume other critters. Do the following:
- Get rid of clutter, so spiders won’t have spots to hide in.
- Mow the lawn and trim the greenery regularly.
- Sit woodpiles and plants two feet away from the property.
- Put food and trash in containers with secure lids.
- Have moisture fractures and leaks repaired immediately.
- Seal openings in windows, doors, and foundations.
- Make sure worn window screens and door sweeps are replaced or fixed.
- Sweep up webs as you see them.
- Contact Pest Pro Pest Control if you have critters spiders munch on, such as ants and flies.
How Will Pest Pro Pest Control Handle Salt Lake City Spiders?
If you want to eliminate spiders, don’t waste time with retail pesticides. They’re too weak for infestations, and they have toxic components. We at Pest Pro Pest Control use safe industrial-grade home pest control solutions. Our approaches include a Two-Series Treatment to kill babies and live spiders over three weeks. Guarantees are attached, and maintenance plans are available. Call today for a free consultation!