We live in a beautiful world full of scenic mountains, flowing streams, colorful trees, and flowers. We share this planet with a host of creatures ranging from microscopic organisms to majestic beasts. We go outside, hike on trails, and travel to lakes and national parks to enjoy various animals in their natural habitat. It is one thing to go to where animals live to observe them, but it is another thing when they come to use and invade our property.
If you have wildlife encroaching on your land, you need to contact the best pest control in Salt Lake City, Pest Pro Pest Control, to resolve the problem. We offer more than pest control; we remove problematic wildlife from Salt Lake City properties through our various wildlife control options.
Common Types Of Nuisance Wildlife Found In Salt Lake City
You may wonder, what is the difference between wildlife and rodents? Wildlife is animals that tend to avoid humans and do not like sharing space with people; rodents may avoid humans due to their nocturnal patterns, but they are comfortable being around people. Examples of wildlife that invade Salt Lake City properties include:
Because rodents and wildlife require different techniques for removal, Pest Pro Pest Control offers rodent control and specialized wildlife control services.
Why You Don't Want Wildlife Hanging Around Your Yard
Wildlife removal is necessary because they can spread rabies. Rabies is a virus affecting mammals and humans; in the United States, rabies is prevalent among bats, raccoons, and skunks. Symptoms from rabies begin as flu-like, but because rabies attacks the brain, the virus will progress and cause agitation, confusion, anxiety, and cerebral dysfunction if untreated.
Wildlife distributes rabies through saliva and contact. For example, you can contract rabies if you corner an infected raccoon and it bites you. Transmission of rabies occurs when the virus from an infected animal enters your body through mucous membranes in your eyes, nose, or mouth. Because of the danger from bites, scratching, and contact with wildlife, professional wildlife removal is the safest option.
Five Easy And Effective Wildlife Prevention Tips
Wildlife and pest control on your Salt Lake property requires the following:
- Seal cracks: Close small cracks in the foundation with caulk and use steel wool with caulk for gaps. Seal large holes with concrete or mortar. Pay attention to outside electrical boxes and locations where wiring and pipes enter the structure. Place lath screen or metal flashing around the base of decks and porches.
- Protect vents: Use metal screens to restrict access to chimneys and attic vents.
- Remove debris: Eliminate leaf and wood piles, old tree stumps, and other yard debris.
- Provide proper drainage: Be sure ditches and puddles drain quickly. Remove water collecting items such as old tires, children's playsets, large plant saucers, and bird baths.
- Secure outdoor garbage cans: Keep garbage cans closed with tight lids and elevate them from the ground.
These tips will also help reduce insects and rodents on your Salt Lake City property. Wildlife pest control involves maintaining a clean, sanitary perimeter around your home by eliminating food, water, and shelter options for animals.
The Most Successful Wildlife Control Method In Salt Lake City
The best way to get the wildlife off your Salt Lake City property is to use a wildlife control company like Pest Pro Pest Control. During our inspections, we identify the problematic animal, its nesting location, attractions on the property, and entry points. Next, we develop a custom strategy implementing traps, one-way doors, and other humane options to remove the animals. Contact us today and schedule your free consultation.