You won’t be able to rest easy about insects and creatures on your property without pest control in Salt Lake City. Termites are among the many critters that can live under your radar. Most wood-destroying bugs will be crawling on the inside of structures or down in the soil. Evidence of termite damage takes a while to appear.
Combating or recovering from termites costs Americans $5 billion every year. Assistance usually isn’t provided by insurance companies because they perceive it as not inevitable. Use this guide to understand the signs of termites inside your house or business and how you can stop them. Pest Pro Pest Control can support you.
The Life Cycle Of Subterranean Termites
Subterranean termites begin their lives as larvae, morphing into nymphs that go through multiple molts. Once they’ve matured, they’ll either be workers, soldiers, or swarmer. The first two castes may live up to two years. Queens can survive over ten years if their environment is ideal.
Workers are white or grayish-white and 0.12 of an inch long. While they whittle wood, yellow-brown soldiers stand vigilant to protect them. In defense, they’ll use their rectangular heads and hulking mandibles. Swarmers are yellow, brown, or black and ½ of an inch long. In addition to their shade and size, their wings distinguish them. They mate and construct new nests. Fixtures and windows are attractive to them because of the light.
The ecosystem needs termites to wreck wood so that soil and plant life will receive nutrients. Humans can gain needed calcium and iron from consuming the bugs.
Termite Activity Can Go Unnoticed For Some Time
Again, termites can easily hide from you for long periods. That said, it’s beneficial to have serial inspections completed by Pest Pro Pest Control. Our knowledgeable technicians will be able to identify evidence of termite damage, even if it’s slight.
Signs of termites inside your house or establishment are as follows:
- Seeing swarmers flying around
- Discovering the shed wings of swarmers
- Finding heaps of fecal frass next to the holes, mud tubes, and maze patterns of termites
- Having walls that sound hollow
- Hearing soft noises from behind foundations
- Noticing that paint is inflating and peeling
- Observing that drywall is flabby and discolored
- Loose tiles and weak floorboards
- Tight-fitting doors and window frames
Don’t assume that these indicators will clear up because they won’t. You have to receive professional help.
Remove Factors That Attract Termites To Your Property
Here’s what you’ll need to do to eliminate the factors that draw termites to human dwellings:
- Get rid of or repair wood that is ruined or rotting.
- Have moisture malfunctions and leaks fixed as soon as possible. Begin with those wetting wood.
- Patch up openings in foundations, caulk, and utility lines.
- Put screens on all doors that face the outside.
- Wash out your gutters and vents on a routine basis.
- Make sure wood and plants are at least two feet away from the property.
- Never let free lumber, such as fire logs, have contact with soil.
- Mow the lawn and trim greenery regularly.
Avoid using commercial pesticides and other store products to eradicate termites. Most are designed to solve surface problems, not infestation. On top of that, these items are usually costly. Toxicity is a concern as well. “Natural remedies,” like applying orange oil and vinegar, don’t have improved outcomes.
The Best Termite Control Solution For Salt Lake City Properties
The advanced solutions of Pest Pro Pest Control are more reliable than any independent avenue. Our trench, perimeter, and pre-construction treatments are also safe and budget-friendly. Wood-Destroying Insect/Organism Reports (WDIR/WDOR) are also available. Call us today for a free consultation!