Ant infestations in Salt Lake City can end up being a major problem, especially if you don't know how to get rid of ants permanently or what the best method of ant control is for your home or business.
Common Ants And Ant Control
Several types of ants are common to the area, including the following ones that you are likely familiar with.
- Carpenter Ants: The largest ants in the area, carpenter ants are drawn inside the house and typically tunnel through the wooden structures of your home.
- Odorous House Ants: True to their name, these dark brown ants will let off an unpleasant rotten coconut odor when killed.
- Little Black Ants: These ants are common, quite small, and entirely black. You'll often see them walking in an orderly fashion through your property.
- Fire Ants: Fire ants are small and a reddish color. They can be aggressive, and their bites hurt; these bites may also cause problems for those with allergy issues to insects.
It is very difficult to understand how to get rid of ants on your own due to several factors. The most troublesome problem is the fact that ants often have incredibly large colony sizes. These colonies can be spread out through the internal structures of your home or throughout your property; it is highly unlikely that over-the-counter ant sprays and traps will be able to target the entire infestation. Also, ants tend to hide in hard-to-reach areas. Without professional ant control, it can be difficult and potentially dangerous to try and eliminate ants from every hiding place they may inhabit.
With expert help from Pest Pro's ant control program, you can benefit from a thorough inspection of your property. Our professionals will provide you with targeted solutions that help keep both the exterior and interior protected from these pests. Plus, ongoing pest control administered through either 60 or 90-day service visits will ensure your home or business always has protection against ant infestations.
Effective Ant Control
Ant prevention can prove difficult due to the ants' ability to spread out and evade most DIY products, but proactive prevention can keep these pests away from your property. Follow the tips below to deter ants from your home or business in the first place.
- Ensure that all food waste and trash are sealed up tightly and promptly disposed of to stop ants from being attracted to an easy food source. You should also clean all food and drink spills as soon as possible and store leftover food properly.
- Moisture is another major attractant for ants. Make sure to fix all leaks inside and outside to eliminate any pools of water. You may also want to make sure your gutters are clear and that your home or business has proper ventilation.
- Seal off potential entry points around your home by updating window and door screens, weatherstripping, and door sweeps. Also, keep exterior windows and doors closed as often as possible.
And if you want even more effective ant control, you should invest in ongoing assistance from Pest Pro. Our experts can help keep away ants for good and ensure that your property has the protection it needs from these troublesome insects.