At Pest Pro, we take rats seriously and understand the damage and threat they pose. That is why we provide the most effective pest control in Salt Lake City to eliminate rats in your yard and home. Rat control is a common need in Utah. Our pest control technicians are skilled at finding and identifying rat nests and determining the best way to get rid of rats fast!
How To Tell If It’s Rats On Your Property
Rats are nocturnal, meaning they come out a night for food and water; you may even hear scratching sounds in the walls or ceiling. They also leave evidence around the home, like droppings. Rat droppings are about ¾” in length and may lead to encountering the rat’s nest. Gnaw marks on furniture and walls clearly indicate a rodent problem.
They tend to hide in attics and basements, places we don’t frequently go. You may also find rats in your yard, nesting in garbage piles, or under concrete slabs. Rats eat just about anything, gnaw through plastic, and even lead pipes to access food.
The Damage And Dangers Rats Can Create
Rats can cause an incredible amount of damage to your home. According to Utah State University, they are considered one of the most destructive and costly wildlife species in the U.S. They often enter homes in the fall when food becomes more scarce outside. Rats cause significant damage by gnawing through pipes, walls, and wiring.
There are several diseases rats carry, many of which are dangerous to our families. Rats also bring fleas and mites into your home, compounding the problem. Hungry rats will even bite children and adults while they are sleeping.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Rats On Your Property
The best way to get rid of rats fast is to call in professionals. We know the diseases rats carry and the damage they can cause. We want to keep your family safe. Rats are clever, which makes them difficult to eradicate.
Advertisers claim that you can frighten rats with ultrasonic or electromagnetic devices. Unfortunately, rats are capable of getting used to these devices and ignoring them. They are capable of learning to identify and avoid rat control bait traps and toxins.
You may find rats inside walls, attics, and basements, making it challenging to gain access to them. Finally, rats reproduce incredibly fast, and a small infestation can turn into a nightmare quickly. At Pest Pro, our pest control technicians are skilled at finding and removing rats and helping you to keep them away,
Five Simple Ways To Prevent Future Rat Infestations
Here are some tips to keep rats away:
- Good sanitation is an effective method of rat control, although it is not enough to remove them altogether.
- Keeping your home and yard clutter free removes hiding spots. Especially remove vegetation and debris close to the structure.
- Seal all openings to your home using gnaw-proof material such as galvanized sheet metal and concrete mortar. Rats only need a space about the size of a quarter to get in.
- Store food in proper containers and clean up pet dishes after they eat. Keep garbage in a locked container to make it harder to gain access.
- Regularly inspect your home for signs of infestation, such as droppings, gnaw marks, and damaged food goods, to find them before they become a bigger problem.
Simple prevention methods can keep rats away in many cases. If you find yourself with a rat problem, contact us at Pest Pro, our pest control technicians are here to help.